Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Health Records Assistant
Department: Heart Clinics Northwest - Downtown
Schedule: Full Time
Job Summary:This position is located in Spokane Washington
Organizes and evaluates patient medical records. Reviews EMR/EHR medical records for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for filing and retrieving medical records. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* Two years previous electronic medical record (EMR/EHR) experience or medical office experience preferred.
* Completion of advanced medical terminology course preferred or expressed willingness to take the course.
* Demonstrates ability to apply knowledge of office operation and proficiency in computer applications related to position duties with a variety of software.
Essential Job Functions (Physical Requirements):
* Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
* No or very limited physical effort required.
* No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
* Communicate with patients, physicians, families and co-workers in person and on telephone.
* Work with equipment and manipulate equipment settings, computer keyboard, etc.
· KMC operates 24 hours per day each day of the year; operational needs of departments may require that you be available to work all shifts, weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the patients.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.