Idaho Division of Human Resources IT Systems Analyst in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The Idaho Department of Lands has an opening for an IT Systems Analyst in Coeur d'Alene or Boise.
_Preferred location is Coeur d'Alene. _
Become part of an organization where you will work with dedicated people who are committed and skilled in managing and protecting Idaho’s natural resources.
The Idaho Department of Lands (IDL) believes in its employees and values stewardship, service, accountability and cohesiveness. Our goals emphasize our people and processes, financial stewardship, and customer focus. We strive for a culture in which leadership equips, entrusts and expects employees to make decisions in fulfillment of our mission. View our Strategic Planhere.
Under the direction of theIdaho State Board of Land Commissioners, IDL manages more than 2.4 million acres ofstate endowment trust land under a constitutional mandate to produce maximum long-term financial returns for public schools and several other State of Idaho institutions. Leases and other contracts are used to authorize revenue generating activities such as timber harvest, grazing, farming, mining, commercial use, residential use, and conservation in a prudent and sustainable manner.
Managing endowment trust lands is only part of our story. We also protect public resources such as water quality, fish, wildlife habitat, and recreation onpublic trust lands,and ensure the protection of water quality and other resources by overseeing forestry and mining practices across all ownerships in the state. We also work to reclaim abandoned mines in Idaho. One of our most important resource protection responsibilities is fire prevention and suppression. We also provide assistance to landowners to manage their forestlands, work with communities to plant trees in urban settings, help keep working forests working through the Forest Legacy Program, and work with many partners to promote healthy forests on a landscape level. IDL also is the administrative arm of the Idaho Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.
- Project management of small-scale IT projects
- Provide maintenance and support for IDL enterprise applications
- Create, implement, and maintain project plans with stakeholders
- Identify risks, and implement mitigation plans with stakeholders
- Manage project scope
- Communicate project progress and risks in a format appropriate to various stakeholders
- Manage IT contractors
- Create and maintain models to communicate and analyze requirements
- Work closely with customers to gather and analyze requirements for variety of projects from enterprise system implementations to minor updates to customized financial system
- Identify gaps in the requirements
- Implement business process management
- Identify need for, and implementation of, enterprise architecture solutions
- Create and implement test plan and testing strategy
- Create test cases and execute testing
- Develop and implement training plans, presentations, and documentation
- Experience performing complex systems design and analysis
- Three years managing IT Projects
- Three years leading business analysis efforts
- Experience planning and executing software testing
- Some knowledge of accounting principles
- Some travel is required.
Examination: Education and Experience: Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A minimum rating of 61 is needed to pass this examination. Notification of your test results will be available online when the review process is complete.
To preview the examination click on "" below. You will not be able to apply from this screen. If you wish to take the exam, click on the Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When completing your online application information, please select:
Department of Lands under "Agencies"
Full-time employment under "Job Type/Shift"
Boise and Coeur d'Alene under "Cities"
When updating your online application information, you must complete all items in the Application Checklist. The items in the Application Checklist includes: Personal Information, Education, Work History, Cities, Agencies, Job type. Without this information your name cannot be referred to the hiring agency.
If your name has been certified to a hiring list for possible consideration, you will see it listed in the Hiring Lists section of your online application. Supervisors review application materials prior to scheduling interviews. Those applicants who will be offered an interview may receive a phone call, letter or email to schedule a time, be sure your contact information is up to date and accurate. Having your name certified to a hiring list is not a guarantee that you will be contacted for an interview, it simply means you are one of the applicants being considered.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Idaho Department of Lands!
Open for Recruitment: May 14, 2018 - June 9, 2018
Announcement #: 01617081375
Location(s): Boise, Coeur d'Alene
Salary Range: $22.68 - $32.58 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!